Thursday, January 3, 2008

AN AWESOME GIFT FROM TENNESSEE

The blogging world is full of suprises and populated by wonderful and generous individuals who make it a warm and magic place where it is good to dwell...

In December,
while browsing through Rosemary's great Tennessee-based (Franklin, USA) site "Living As Rosa" (one of my favorite blogs/see infos), I fell upon one of her posts in which she was asking us to guess where we thought that she was going to spend a couple of days (see post) while the workers were busy with finishing her brand new and dreamlike kitchen (see posts). She promised that she would send a little surprise to the first person who would give the correct answer.

As I remembered that she had already s
pent some days in the "Big Apple" during the preceeding Christmas/holiday period and loved it's special festive atmosphere, I answered "New York".

My guess was right, but I was not the first one to give that answer. I knew that it was very improbable for me to be the lucky winner. Anyway, I nonetheless played for fun and to my astonishment, Rosemary contacted me via e-mail to tell me that I was also entitled to receive a gift as she had planned to make two readers happy considering that fact that it was Christmas!

I was really very excited by the prospect of getting a parcel from Rosemary as I know how much I admire her good taste for things in relation to the world of coziness, beauty and enchantment...

So, a few days later, the postman brought me an enormous packet. Wow, it was HUGE!!! I thought to myself, "My God, she is such a sweetie!". With stars in my eyes, I unwrapped all the thrilling things/object that she had kindly sent.I was blown away by every single one of them as they were all to my liking. Rosemary really spoilt me! A marvelous present!

My surprise parcel contained the following items (from NYC):
A mug

A glass ornament for the Christmass tree
A miniature Teddy Bear keyholder
A cat-oriented agenda/pocket planner illustrated by Lowell Herrero
Magnetic bookmarkers from the MoMA Museum of Modern Art
3x issues of Cook's Illustrated
1x issue of Bon Appétit
1x issue of Cook's Country

1x issue of Saveur
1x issue of Southern Living
1x issue of Victoria

THANKS EVER SO MUCH ROSEMARY!
YOU HAVE A HEART OF GOLD...

14 comments:

  1. Ta gentillesse meritait certainement une telle gentillesse en retour Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu as été drôlement bien gatée Rosa ! Mais sans doute que tu le méritais bien.

    Bises
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!!!!!!! La nouvelle année commence bien et j'espère que cela va continuer ainsi pour toi! Meilleurs Voeux!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tu as vraiment été gâtée. Le top, ce sont tous ces magazines si difficiles à se procurer ici. Ma fille m'a envoyé dernièrement le "Donna Hay Magazin". Il est assez cher, mais c'est un des plus beaux magazines culinaires que je connaisse. Les photos sont superbes.
    Si je ne l'ai pas encore fait, je te souhaite plein de bonnes choses pour cette nouvelle année déjà entamée.
    Bien à toi
    verO

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year! tres bonne annee 2008 a toi et a ton blog ;) bien sur! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa! Your photos make everything larger than life!! I am so happy you like everything. I wanted you to know how much I so enjoy your blog and all your recipes which encourage me to cook wonderful new things! I was so glad when you commented second! Happy New Year my friend. Wishing you all the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOvely fOOd bLoG!!! glad I dropped by.. :)
    Happy new year to you too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chouette, c'est Noël après Noël!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wouaaaw!! je veux toute la collection de cadeaux!! biises micky

    ReplyDelete
  10. quel beau colis! c'était la saison de noel, et c'est magique ;-))
    je t'embrasse et te souhaite une merveilleuse année 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  11. D'une Rosa à une autre... Tu as été bien gâtée et tu le mérites bien!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Je suis très heureuse pour toi ...bisou et bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I was jumping up and down in my seat with excitement! What wonderful gifts! I hope you enjoy your gifts and many many days of reading lovely magazines! Happy New Year Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Awesome gifts! Great way to start out the New Year. ;-) Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Paz

    ReplyDelete